- A customer adds a credit, debit, or other payment method into Google Pay. This occurs when the customer adds payment method details into the Google Pay Android or Web app, or when the customer uses a payment method to buy a Google product or service (like an app or movie on Google Play, or storage space for Google Drive).
- The customer chooses to Buy with Google Pay on the merchant's website or Android app and only needs to then select their card and shipping address.
- The merchant receives an encrypted Google Pay token and sends this to Cloud Payments. Your systems are not exposed to the PCI Scope for this data.
There are three methods that merchants can choose from to implement Google Pay with Cloud Payments:
- Android App: integrate Google Pay into an Android application.
- Via Cloud Payments Hosted Payments Page: integrate Google Pay into your website by iframing or redirecting to the Cloud Payments Hosted Payments Page. The Cloud Payments Hosted Payments Page will then handle the Google Pay checkout flow for you.
For instructions on each implementation method, click on the relevant link above.
To test Google Pay you must log in to a real Google account and create a Google Pay wallet with a valid card. Google does not provide a list of test cards, so a real card must be added to your wallet.
The Google Pay API will not return live, chargeable payment information in Google's test environments. The test environment can be configured on both Android App and Web Integrations - refer to Google's About the test environment documentation for more information.
The Cloud Payments Sandbox environment will accept the non-chargeable payment information returned by the Google Pay API test environment.
The Cloud Payments API does not require any billing address details to be sent. This is subject to change in the future.
Limited Acquirer Support For Recurring Transactions
Processing recurring transactions via Google Pay is not supported by all Australian acquirers. If these methods are used where support is not yet available the transactions may be declined or return errors.
Updated 3 days ago